Friday, March 16, 2012

KONY 2012

Hey guys, this video is going viral. It's the KONY 2012 video, take a some time just to watch and understand what's going on.




Help spread the word about Joseph Kony, tell a friend, email it to someone or just share it on twitter, Facebook, or on your own blog. The children would be very grateful. Just think if it had happened to you, put yourself in their shoes for a minute. The next day after watching this, I noticed a flier in one of our classrooms about KONY 2012. I had an amazing feeling, I thought no one in school would be bothered by it but I was so so wrong. I told a few of my friends about it and they were so shocked and just plain sad. A friend of mine told me;  

"Imagine if that was us, imagine running for our lives, always looking around our shoulders, never getting to just sit and relax like normal kids.Instead of discussing about the latest shops that opened or our favourite bands, we're planning our the next hide-out in an abandoned building and thinking of ways to get food. Never being able to sleep peacefully without being afraid of waking up to a gun aimed at your head"

The sad thing is I couldn't imagine it and I'm sure a lot of you can't too. We don't really know how it feels like because we've never been in that position. If you have then you'll understand why everybody deserves to feel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)