Monday, July 10, 2017

Colourpop haul!


This package came at such an unfortunate time, literally the day after my dad gave me a lecture about saving money and then this parcel arrived in time to remind me I spent over $50 just to get free shipping from Colourpop. I was still excited though because I've been wanting to try their makeup for sooo long. I picked up mainly lippies but also a super shock blush in Flush'd and a highlighter in Glo Up. Both products were super creamy and pigmented and worked best when I used my fingers to apply them. They had a very interesting, almost bouncy texture which I guess is the main feature of the super shock line. Both the  matte coral blush and golden highlighter looked amazing on my tan skin and stayed on pretty well, such pretty colours for summer!

L-R: Love Bug, Calypso, Mama, Frick N' Frack, Tulle, Poison, Faded, Glo Up, Flush'd

The first lippy I picked up a satin liquid lip in Frick N' Frack which I actually was pleasantly surprised with, it felt very comfortable on my lips but the one downer was that it wasn't transfer-proof at all. I got pink lipstick stains on my coffee mugs, straws, utensils...pretty much anything my lips touched which was slightly annoying. Next, I got a matte liquid lip in Tulle that was a lot longer-lasting and smudge-proof but not as comfortable on the lips as the satin formula, it felt quite drying. I also bought the Up And Away lip bundle as well which I was really excited about because it some really nice warm colours. I'll admit I was particularly disappointed with one colour, Mama. The formula was awful which was odd because it was a matte liquid lip and I assumed it'd be the same as the other colours but it really wasn't. It settled in the fine lines of my lips and was super flake-y as well, which you could clearly see even from afar. You couldn't layer it at all because it would just crumble over the previous layers and just wasn't pleasant to wear at all. I was so disappointed because I mainly bought the bundle for this shade and was excited to rock this gorgeous orange shade in the summer which is such a shame. The other two colours in the bundle faired a lot better. The last products I picked up were 2 lippie stixs. The first one was a baby pink shade called Faded in a crème finish, which had a very, very creamy and hydrating consistency. It glided onto my lips so easily but I noticed that this products melts quite easily so I wouldn't leave this in your car or bag on a hot summer day. Lastly, is Poison which is a deep red colour in a matte finish. It wasn't as creamy but was not drying either. I think I preferred this matte formula as it didn't smudge as easily and lasted a little longer as well. All in all, I'm not ecstatic over my purchases but I am  quite content with them, hopefully I'll come to love the products a little more as I play around with them and figure out the best ways to make use of them. I do want to try some of Colourpop's eyeshadow palettes next because the colours look amazing but maybe I'll hold it off for now.

Talk soon xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)